Monday, March 21, 2011

Twenty-nine

I'm kinda  bummed. I took Airlie to the vet today for her monthly flea/tick/heartworm & weigh-in visit, and she's only gained 4lbs since last month. I was hoping for another solid 5. I even weighed her twice, myself, and made her sit very still (with a treat). I guess she's slowing down, as she should be, but still... I was hoping for a solid 30, and to hit at least 35 before she's done. She grew taller again over the weekend, after growing longer again last week. I could put a few more lbs on her, definitely. She's not starving, but she's not pudgy. Probably if I'd been able to get her in this morning she would have been closer to 30. I had to wait til this afternoon, because I had to sit here waiting for FedEx to deliver DH's new phone, which required a signature. By the time I got to leave, it was time for the dogs' afternoon meal and they'd been playing hard outside in the warm weather all morning. I'm thinking a bit of water loss and a lot of pooping is to blame. 35 next time, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment