Saturday, February 26, 2011

Two Things I Forgot to Mention

It's been about 6 weeks since I self-diagnosed Airlie's mange. It's also been about 4 weeks since she's had any new bald spots develop. The others are still visible, but her fur is growing back in nicely. I do think the teething is what caused her immune system to become compromised, resulting in the overabundance of mange mites that led to the problem. I'm glad things didn't progress much further after my discovery and pleased that my home treatment of apple cider vinegar by day, diluted benzoyl peroxide by night worked! I used both, daily, for two weeks, and then held off for a few days, just to see what would happen. Success!

Also, I failed to note the exact date but almost a month to the day after Airlie's left ear suddenly went from upright to folded over, it stood back up again! and has remained so ever since! Still don't know what that was all about...

No comments:

Post a Comment